Monday, December 15, 2008

#4



















HEY everyone! So its the third day here now! and its pretty amazing haha. Today we had to get up really early to go to our printing schooling thing at the London College of Communication. It was pretty exciting when we were getting a tour, but when we were being lectured in the afternoon all of us almost fell asleep. haha. I tried so hard not to because I didn't want to be rude. =] During lunch break we went right next door in Elephant Castle to get something the eat. They had a pence store there and David and I ran around for a bit. I also wanted to get a scarf but I couldn't convince david to get one with me, after all, he is a boy. He ended up buying a silly game, and we played it later in the pub. The second part of the LCC school was alright, it wasn't quite as boring, though Ryan did fall asleep at some point. We had a couple students come in and talk to us about the school. Aparently its more of an after graduate/post work force place. The people we talked to had graduated school and had been working for several years before they decided to go there. They had some really specialized things, and the pressroom was very hands on which I liked. I also like how they had a lot of screen printing (t-shirt printing) and other textile printing. Even on tea-cups! I really think I might like something like that. A
After the school we decided to go to a pub for a quick beer. ken had a dinner to get to with the dean or something like that, so he ended up leaving while we stayed and laughed a bit. Then we decided to go to Westminceter and explore a bit. I'm getting better at navigating the Tube, and Westminceter was really beautiful! I was really excited, even though it was freezing. We walked quite a bit, and got to see some really pretty lights. The Eye of London (the fairst wheel looking ride) was intense! I hope to go on it later this week. We walked all around, stoping in a museam at some point and taking pictures in an inflatable igloo. There was a silent film going on, and we had the option to make our own, but for some reason it wasn't working so that shot that idea.
After walking for what seemed like forever we decided to eat at Wagamama, a pasta oriented place. I think it was a mix of chinease and japanese, but dont quote me. Liz, Daniel, Kortney and I went, everyone else wanted something else. It turned out to be soooooooo good! We really enjoyed it. David bet me that I couldn't eat the whole thing with only my chopsticks, so we made a bet. If I did eat the whole thing with chopsticks, he would ride the carosel with me, and if i failed he wouldn't. I won =] but when we got out the carosel wasn't running, so another time =] i wont forget! We also saw this crazy sign about longer sex, it was funny! I couldn't believe how big the sign was on a major street too. made me really laugh. =]
On the way home we stoped at a local pub for 'afters' (desert!) but when we got inside we found out the kitchens had just closed, which was a bummer. So David and I had an Irish coffee instead (coffee, whiskey and something else) and decided that it was fabulous!
During our drinks this really bold guy came over and told kourtney that she was sitting really straight, which was odd, cause she wasn't. and then him and his friend came over to talk to us for a while. It was fun until they found out how old we were and laughed saying they were 40 and that they shouldn't be thinking of the things they wanted to do to us. which, then, made everything very awkward. Shortly after we left. I guess the best part was that they told us some really neat places we could go around london, and help point them out on a map. I think we will try and go around, though, I dont think we'll call them like they asked. =]
So now i'm home, and I think i'll make a few phone calls if I can figure out skype. I'd like to say hello to the 'rents. Tomorrow is kinda the same thing again, getting up early at least. I hope to get to bed somewhat early, and maybe paint my nails, haha. I love it =]
peace love baby

No comments: