Sunday, December 14, 2008

#2







So this is being written in word right now because for some really dumb reason there is no internet in our flat yet. Ugh. This makes things difficult; as the parents don’t know that I’m safe yet, either do all my friends. Oh well.

So if the recap of today is a little crazy, and not legible its because right now I’m slightly buzzed, and I have been up for over 24 hours. Haha =] oh the joys of being in London. Friday morning I was up at 9:00am approximately to finish packing and getting ready. Ken was at my door at 11am, and I spend the next 4-5 hours in a car driving down to la to get on a flight. We finally got to the airport at about 6:00pm (flight was at 8) and I was sick of sitting in a car, my butt hurt. Boarded the plane at about 8pm and was on a nonstop flight to Heathrow London by 9pm. Flight took about 9 hours, 1 ½ of which I was asleep. So in California time we arrived in London at 6am Cali time… or 3pmish in London time. Keep in mind the time I awoke, I was pretty tired by this time. But there is no rest for the weary, we continued getting phones to work here, and a quick dinner. The Lube was shut down on the way to our next stop so then we spent the next couple hours wandering around London in the rain. It’s true that we arrived in true London style, by plane train and automobile. We finally did take a cab to our flat. We (Ken and his family and I) finally got here around 8pm our time (12pm Saturday California) and then decided to go out pub hopping. So now it’s almost 11:30pm here (3:30pm Cali) and I’m slightly buzzed and haven’t slept in soooooo long. (8am Friday to 3:30pm Saturday, long time? I think so) And I need a shower. Bad. Haha. It was fun tonight though. We went to two bars, first called “the green” where Ken bought us all a round of beer (which was good, and that means a lot coming from me, Nicole, you know how I don’t like beer) =] we also ordered a ton of food to eat because everyone else hadn’t eaten yet. I only ordered bread cause I had pizza earlier. We drank the beers, laughed a ton, took some random ass pictures and then moved on to the next bar.
It was still raining when we left and I almost lost my gloves (but the bar found my one lost in the end)=] and many of the bars were having private parties and wouldn’t let us in. We ended up going to another place called dovetail, where I had a Fruli beer with the girls. It’s a raspberry beer which is really really really good! Afterwards we walked home, in the rain again mind you, and now were all laughing at each other. David has a scratch on his chin and looks totally ghetto because of the band-aid on his face now.
Tomorrow we plan to go grocery shopping because we have no real food here now, unless fruit snacks and almonds count =] I hope I dress warmer tomorrow, it was pretty cold today, but London is pretty amazing! I really do like it here. I think the scariest part was touching down in the plane in the fog. We really couldn’t see much of anything. But I did watch 3 movies on the plane! They include forgetting sarah marchell (which was awkward because my neighbor wouldn’t talk to me and there was much penis in the movie) The house bunny (guilty pleasure) and Wall-e (which honestly I didn’t get to finishes =[ ) it was an ok plane ride, my butt hurt so bad afterwards though. Oh I cant wait for the next few weeks! I think its gonna be a blast. I miss everyone though, I cant believe how far away I am for everyone I am. =[ That makes me sad kinda. And far away from A, that makes me even more sad, at least I’ll get to sleep with a good smelling shirt to sleep in tonight =]
Ok, I’m off to take a good shower loves, I hope that when I post this everyone dosen’t hate me for it being so late! Peace love!

No comments: